CentOS Web Panel (CWP) is a free web hosting control panel that offers easy managemet of multiple servers (both Dedicated and VPS) without the need to access server through SSH for every small task that you need to complete.
It is a feature rich control panel, which comes with a high number of options and features for quick server management.
Considerations were taken into account through the development of the web panel in terms of security functionalities and the interface.
Requirements Before the Initialization of CentOS Web Panel installer:
- CentOS Web Panel only support static IP addresses. CWP do not support dynamic, sticky, or internal IP addresses.
- Do not provide an uninstaller. After you install CWP, you must reinstall the server to remove it.
- Only install CWP on a freshly installed operating system without any configuration changes.
Make sure that you complete the following tasks before you start the installation process:
1. Setup Hostname
This hostname cannot be the same as any domain that is on your server (for example, if example.com is a domain on your server, use hostname.example.com as your fully qualified hostname).
You can use the following command for hostname setup eg.
2. Setup Server IP addresses
Define additional IP address, subnet address, and default gateway IP address for your server — your service provider can provide you with this information.
3. Software Requirements
You must have a clean/fresh installation of supported operating systems:
- CentOS 6, RedHat 6 or CloudLinux 6, MINIMAL installation and English version only!
- Also CentOS 7 is supported, we recommend minimal version.
- But CentOS 8 is NOT supported yet.
4. Hardware Requirements
- 32 bit operating systems require a minimum of 512 MB RAM
- 64 bit operating systems require a minimum of 1024 MB RAM (recommended)
- Recommended System: 4 GB+ RAM so you would have the full functionality such as Anti-virus scan of emails.
5. Preparing Server
Let’s install required packages for CWP installation
yum -y install wget
6. Server Update
Now we need to update your server to the latest version
yum -y update
7. Reboot Server
Reboot your server so that all updates can take effect.
Now you are ready to start CWP Installation
CWP installer can run more than 30 minutes because it needs to compile apache and php from source.
- CentOS 6: New Installer with MARIA-DB 10-latest
- CentOS 7: Installer for CentOS 7
9. Reboot Server
Reboot your server so that all updates can take effect and CWP gets started.